RE: Contour lines with individual labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47561] RE: [mg47504] Contour lines with individual labels
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:20:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Rico,

The ExtendGraphics package by Tom Wickham-Jones, which I think you can get
from MathSource at the Wolfram site, has a LabelContourLines command that
will label lines from a previously generated ContourPlot. It is explained in
his book "Mathematica Graphics". An example from his book is

Needs["ExtendGraphics`LabelContour`"]

plot1 = ContourPlot[Sin[x]Sin[y], {x, 0, \[Pi]}, {y, 0, \[Pi]},
      ContourShading -> False];

LabelContourLines[plot1];

The DrawGraphics package from my web site below has a DrawLineLabels command
that will label Lines that have a function of the coordinates
f[x,y]==constant. That includes contour values from contour plots. The
package comes with Help and many examples including labeling a contour plot.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Rico Poser [mailto:poser at despammed.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hello,

is there an automatic way in Mathematica 5 to label contour lines in
ContourPlots with the value they represent?

Thank you very much in advance.

Rico