NIntegrate or For or Special Function?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47700] NIntegrate or For or Special Function?
  • From: Matt Swingle <mss4 at duke.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:39:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am constructing filling entries in a matrix using For loops.  The
individual entries come from integrating Bessel, Hankel and Kelvin
functions numerically with NIntegrate.  A 100x100 matrix takes a few hours
to run?  Is my procedural way of doing things to blame?  Is it the
specialty functions (Bessel etc)?  Is it simply NIntegrate?  Would anyone
be willing to look at my awful code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Swingle
mss4 at duke.edu