Re: NIntegrate or For or Special Function?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg47717] Re: NIntegrate or For or Special Function?
- From: "Alan" <info at optioncity.REMOVETHIS.net>
- Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:30:46 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"Matt Swingle" <mss4 at duke.edu> wrote in message news:c67qg0$h0a$1 at smc.vnet.net... > I am constructing filling entries in a matrix using For loops. The > individual entries come from integrating Bessel, Hankel and Kelvin > functions numerically with NIntegrate. A 100x100 matrix takes a few hours > to run? Is my procedural way of doing things to blame? Is it the > specialty functions (Bessel etc)? Is it simply NIntegrate? Would anyone > be willing to look at my awful code? > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. It all sounds quite normal to me. At say 1 sec per integration, it would take about 3 hrs to do 10000 of them. Are you sure your matrix has that many distinct entries or is there perhaps some structure you have failed to exploit? regards, alan