partition list and enumerating

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg47744] partition list and enumerating
  • From: sean_incali at yahoo.com (sean kim)
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 04:15:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hello group,

this is kinda like a follow up on my last post.

i have a way to enumerate the problem i posted earlier.

I wanted to find all tours that are possible with the edges given. Now
I have to plot them.

consider the following. it will generate 64 lists of edges within a
list.

la= {
      "{1, 4}, a",
      "{1, 5}, a",
      "{4, 2}, a",
      "{4, 5}, a",
      "{5, 2}, a",
      "{5, 4}, a"
      };

li ={
      "{1, 4}, i",
      "{1, 5}, i",
      "{4, 2}, i",
      "{4, 5}, i",
      "{5, 2}, i",
      "{5, 4}, i"
      };

lai=Outer[List,Sequence@@Transpose[{la,li}]]//Flatten[#,Length[la]-1]&//ToString;

StringReplace[lai,{"a,"\[Rule] "EdgeColor ->
Blue},{","i,"->"EdgeColor-> Red},{", "a"-> "EdgeColor \[Rule] Blue",
"i"->"EdgeColor-> Red"}]//ToExpression;

Partition[%, 6]

%//Length

now what I woudl like to do is use combinatorica to show all 64
enumerations as 64 separate graphs using the same vertices as follows.

{
{{0.0, 1.5}, VertexLabel -> a1},
{{0.0, 0.0}, VertexLabel -> b2},
{{0.5, 0.75}, VertexLabel -> c3},
{{-0.5, 0.75}, VertexLabel -> d4},
{{-1.5, 0.75}, VertexLabel -> e5}
}

how do I do that?  at least how do map those vertices to those edge
sets generated by the enueration above so that i canuse in ShowGraph
command?

thanks all very much in adavnce

sean