Changing ErrorBar colors but keeping serifs

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg49840] Changing ErrorBar colors but keeping serifs
  • From: deo6 at (David O'Gorman)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 01:11:12 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi there...Wondering if someone could help me with the following

I would like to change ONLY the color of the error bars produced by
the function MultipleListPlot.  The standard answer is to do something

myerrorbar[{x_, y_}, ErrorBar[{0, 0}, {yminus_, yplus_}]] := {Red,
Line[{{x, y + yminus}, {x, y + yplus}}]}

(See post with subject line "Multiplelistplot question" for details.)

For my purposes this answer is incomplete because it doesn't reproduce
the serifs (little lines above and below the error bar).  There must
be a better way to get the  default serifs than to reproduce the work
that the creators of the package went through to make the serifs.

What I would like to know is how to determine what the default error
bar function is so that I can simply add the RGB[1, 0, 0] directive to
it and have the serifs and all other aspects of the error bars
unchanged (except for the color).

Any ideas how to do this?  Any help would be very much appreciated.

deo6 at