Executing commands with shortcuts?

Hi everybody!!

I'm working on a button that needs to be applied intesively by the
user, so I was  wondering if it would be possible to execute it with a
combination of keys. The button just take an input and transforms it
in some predefined way.
I think the problem is solvable. The key combination could be
activated by changing the menu entries, and the shortcut could execute
the button's code placed in an autoload package. I don't tried this
approach cause I want to ask the experts first. is it possible ?? is
there another way??

Thanks for your help
Julius