Re: message 50001?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg50020] Re: [mg50001] message 50001?
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 05:43:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Position[S, Max[S]][[1,1]] Bob Hanlon > > From: "1.156" <rob at pio-vere.com> To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net > Date: 2004/08/11 Wed AM 05:52:54 EDT > To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net > Subject: [mg50020] [mg50001] message 50001? > > Mathematica wizards, I've managed to cripple together code to do something that > I feel must be doable more easily and/or faster. > > S is a list of reals containing a signal with a prominent peak in > amplitude. I simply want to find the index of the peak (x, the number of > entries into the list where the peak occurs). Here's what I did. > > > For[i = 1, S[[i]] ? max[S], i++, x = i]; > > Can some suggest a better way, especially one not using a For loop? > > Thanks, Rob > >