New user: Abs[] problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg50079] New user: Abs[] problem
  • From: Edson.Brusque at smc.vnet.net
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 01:50:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

     I'm starting Electrical Engineering and using Mathematica for
helping me in Calculus e Algebra studies.

     I'm trying to solve this equation on Mathematica:
         x + 1 - |2x - 4| + |5 - x| = 0

     on the Math* notebook I'm typing:
         Solve[x + 1 - Abs[2x - 4] + Abs[5 - x] == 0,x]

     but only got an empty output: {{}}

     Someone please can help me get Math* to solve this?

     Thank you very much,

     Edson Brusque

Edson Brusque                     C.I.Tronics Lighting Designers Ltda
Research and Development                   Blumenau  -  SC  -  Brazil
http://www.suporte.ind.br/ryan/netiqueta.htm     www.citronics.com.br