Re: A functional measure of roughness

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg50252] Re: A functional measure of roughness
  • From: "Roger L. Bagula" <rlbtftn at>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:34:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

The measure of roughness based on the 3 point Bezier
which is like a Lyapunov exponent average, but more sensative:
It turns out to be like a second derivative:
Limit[Measure[n],n-> Infinity]=rho
The roughness measure is relate to the Lyapunov exponent average by
k is close to 2 for the primes.
So I have actually found two measures.