Q: Solve gives complex solution where there is a noncomplex solution how to get the last one?

Hello,

The following line

Solve[x y / ( 1 + y^2 )^0.5 == a, y]

Gives a complex solution : (0.+ i )a / (a^2 - x^2)^0.5
Which is correct but could be simpler, not complex

The solution I expected is: a/(x^2 - a^2)^0.5

How can I instruct Mathematica (Solve) to give the simple solution directly.

kind regards
Dick Barends