Re: FourierTransform

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg52525] Re: FourierTransform
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 05:57:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

why do you think that FourierTransform[f'[x], x, k]
for a general function is convergent ?
It is simple to add the rule explicit by

expr = FourierTransform[f'[x], x, k];

iKnowItIsConvergent =
FourierTransform[a_.*Derivative[n_][f_][x_], x_, k_] :>
a*(-I k)^n FourierTransform[f[x], x, k];

expr /. iKnowItIsConvergent

news:cohj7g$1nk$1 at