Re: launching a kernel on a remote linux machine through ssh from a linux machine

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52533] Re: [mg52381] launching a kernel on a remote linux machine through ssh from a linux machine
  • From: Arturas Acus <acus at itpa.lt>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 05:57:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Walter,

 on my machine I launch remote kernel with the following settings
(copied)

Arguments to pass to MLOpen:

-LinkMode Connect -LinkProtocol TCP -LinkName "3007" -LinkHost
remote.xxx.xxx.xxx

String to launch kernel

ssh  user at remote.xxx.xxx.xxx "math" -mathlink -LinkMode Listen
-LinkProtocol TCP -LinkName "3007" -LinkHost localhost.xxx.xxx.xxx

Instead of "3007" you can chose any other port, which is used to data
transfer. I have heard that there may be problems if your remote host is
after fireware, which dissalow use of these high ports.

Just note. that I use Listen for ssh started kernel and pass Connect to
MLOpen. You do it in different order. This not worked for me.

Also I marked "translate returns" box.

--
Arturas Acus <acus at itpa.lt>