Re: Table Iterators

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52641] Re: Table Iterators
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 02:08:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 12/4/04 at 4:07 AM, gregory.lypny at videotron.ca (Gregory Lypny)
wrote:

>I need to create many tables, all with the same iterators {i, iMin,
>iMax, di}, {j, jMin, jMax, dj}.  I'd like to be able to set the
>iterators outside of the Table function so that I can change them
>and have all of the tables change accordingly.

>I've tried

>rowDim:= {i, iMin, iMax, di} and colDim:={j, jMin, jMax, dj} inside
>of Table[stuff,rowDim,colDim]

>but this generates an iterator error.

I don't know why you are using SetDelayed (':=') instead of Set ('=') when you define rowDim and colDim but in either case you can achieve what you want by forcing evaluation of rowDim and colDim before Table does its thing. That is the following will work

Table[stuff,Evaluate@rowDim,Evaluate@colDim]