mathkernel.exe does not unload

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg52776] mathkernel.exe does not unload
  • From: Cole Turner <remove.cole.turner at>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 04:22:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Mathematica 5, Windows XP Pro

mathkernel.exe stays in the list of processes even after exiting

when I restart MATHEMATICA, another instance of mathkernel.exe is
being loaded ... i.e. if I quit / restart 5 times, I got
mathkernel.exe running 5 times in the background ...

any way around this, except terminating the thing in the taskman?

Cole ***
"This is an extremely primitive and paranoid culture."
 (James T. Kirk on 20th century America, Star Trek IV)