Re: Remove the higher order terms in series expansion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52825] Re: [mg52798] Remove the higher order terms in series expansion
  • From: "Caffa Vittorio Dr." <Caffa at iabg.de>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:59:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Try this

In[1]:= Series[1/(1+x), {x,0,3}]

                 2    3       4
Out[1]= 1 - x + x  - x  + O[x]

In[2]:= Normal[%]

                 2    3
Out[2]= 1 - x + x  - x

Cheers, Vittorio

-----Original Message-----
From: highorder [mailto:highorder at Noreply.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

I guess this should be simple and hiding somewhere in the manual. Is
there a quick way to remove the high order terms after using
Series[f,{x,x0,n}] command? The problem comes from the output is
actually given by:

expansion term + O(x^3);

the O(x^3) should be removed. I will keep trying but wondering if
anyone has a quick answer.

Thanks.