Re: How to express ODE?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg52831] Re: How to express ODE?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:59:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a) if V[phi] generate a function phi[t] you has to build the derivative
   with respect to phi[t] and not with respect to phi only
b) the parameters are extrem bad scaled for numerical work and you should
rescale
   it.
c) Your input say

> f = \[Phi] /. First[NDSolve[
>     {Inflaton == 0,
>      Derivative[1][\[Phi]][
>        t] == 0}, \[Phi],
>     {t, 0, 100*m}]]

that phi'[t] (for all t) is zero, and so phi[t] can be only a constant

d) you have missed the initial conditions for phi[0] and phi'[0] and
   NDSolve[] can't work with out that.

e) until you don't proper scale the parameters and the variables
   NDSolve[] will need a very long time to compute the solution
   with the given accuracy

Regards
 Jens

news:cpjr25$nvl$1 at smc.vnet.net...