Delete problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg52871] Delete problem
  • From: Todd Allen <genesplicer28 at>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 04:26:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi everyone,
    I have situation where I am trying to quality
control check a "list of lists" for certain values
that should be deleted from the list if they are
found.  I have wrote a few lines of code that I
believe should work, but rather than simply deleting a
part of the list,  mathematica seems to delete the
entire list.  Below is the situation with a small test
  If[Count[ccheck,_?Positive]>0 &&
Count[ccheck,_?Negative]>0 &&
I am trying to delete lists that have both positive
and negative values in the ninth position of common
elements and also have only 3 members of that group.
For example, I would expect mathematica to delete the
first group of masterlist above, because it has three
subgroups of AEST-01-C-10 and it has the values of
-2.14, -1.1and 1.79 in each of the three AEST-01-C-10
elements.  Sorry if I have badgered the proper use of
list/grouping terminology, but hopefully my general
idea is clear.
Thank you for any thoughts you might have.
Best regards,

Do you Yahoo!?