Re: NIntegrate a list

On Dec 17, 2004, at 5:19 AM, Aaron Fude wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can Integrate this, but apparently not NIntegrate this:
>
> Integrate[x*Sin[x]*{1, 2}, {theta, -Pi, Pi}]
>
> but not
>
> NIntegrate[x*Sin[x]*{1, 2}, {theta, -Pi, Pi}]
>
> Is there a good way to do this (w/o writing loops)?
>
> Many thanks!

It's not clear what you are trying to do.  The first expression is
equivalent to

x Sin[x] {1,2} Integrate[1,{theta,-Pi,Pi}]

is that really what you meant?  Or did you mean Integrate[theta
Sin[theta] {1,2},{theta,-Pi,Pi}]?

Anyway x Sin[x] is not a numeric expression and NIntegrate works only
on numeric expressions.

Regards,

Ssezi