Re: How input stacked characters with vertical bar

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53061] Re: How input stacked characters with vertical bar
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve_usenet at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:52:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Here is a Text cell expression that does what you want.

Cell[TextData[Cell[BoxData[
    FormBox[
      SubsuperscriptBox[
        RowBox[{
          StyleBox["\[LeftBracketingBar]",
            FontColor->GrayLevel[1]],
          FractionBox["f",
            FractionBox["g", "h"]], "\[RightBracketingBar]"}], "a",
        "b"], TraditionalForm]]]], "Text"]

The trick is to use the left and right bracketing bars (these are on the
BasicTypsetting palette just below the corresponding left and right angle
brackets). You then need to colour the left hand bracketing bar white (so it
disappears). It is not OK to simply delete it, because the right hand
bracketing bar then appears purple (because it is lonely without its
partner!), and this colouration survives all the way to the final printed
form.

Steve Luttrell

news:cq8tl2$h1h$1 at smc.vnet.net...