Re: Mathematica language issues

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53149] Re: Mathematica language issues
  • From: Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 04:00:54 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Maxim wrote:
<snip>

> I can't see any
> justification for keeping this sort of thing unchanged:

Here are two possible justifications.

1. The person who wrote that part
of Mathematica is no longer employed by the company, and making
changes in it would require that someone else take up this part
of the program and fix it in ways that might break something.

2. Probably there would not be even one extra sale of Mathematica
if it were fixed, so why bother?

even the