including files

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53161] including files
  • From: Ranjan Grover <ranjan.grover at>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 06:41:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi all

I wanted to setup an include file that has data on physical constants so
that I can include it for all my Mathematica programs using the <<
command. Since I've never done this before, I'm not really sure if a
notebook file can be included or whether the include file has to be a .m

I tried using the SetDirectory[] command to set the working directory and
then included a .nb file which had all the data in it but that didn't work
out. I was able to read the file in but the expressions in it were not
being evaluated. Can anyone clue me in?