including files

Hi all

I wanted to setup an include file that has data on physical constants so
that I can include it for all my Mathematica programs using the <<
command. Since I've never done this before, I'm not really sure if a
notebook file can be included or whether the include file has to be a .m
file.

I tried using the SetDirectory[] command to set the working directory and
then included a .nb file which had all the data in it but that didn't work
out. I was able to read the file in but the expressions in it were not
being evaluated. Can anyone clue me in?

Ranjan