Re: including files

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg53201] Re: including files
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:12:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On 12/28/04 at 6:30 AM, davidannetts at (David Annetts)

>I don't know if it's recommended practice or not, but I customise
>$BaseDirectory/Kernel/init.m with appropriate Needs[] and
>SetOptions[] for various commands.  All customisation goes before
>the Begin["System`Private`"] context.

A better place to put your customizations would be $UserBaseDirectory/Kernel/init.m. The advantage is customizations put here are automatically seen when upgrading to a new version. Additionally, customizations here only affect the one user rather than all users.