Re: Re: Graphics into MS Word

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46031] Re: Re: Graphics into MS Word
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve1 at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 03:21:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Good point about embedding fonts. However, I am in the habit of sending a
PDF version of my Word file to anyone who wants electronic copy. To get the
fonts embedded correctly I do it in two steps (1) MS Word -> PS file (i.e.
print to file using Postscript driver) (2) PS file -> PDF file (using Adobe
Distiller). I never found a way of printing directly from MS Word to PDF
that dealt with fonts correctly. Do you have a way of doing this?

Steve Luttrell

"Gerry Flanagan" <flanagan at materials-sciences.com> wrote in message
news:bvfq7q$p1f$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> I'm most successful using Save Selection as EPS,
> then Insert Picture from File in MS Word. You see a blank box in the word
> file. Adobe Acrobat can be used to make a file you can electronically
> distribute. Be sure to set Acrobat so that fonts are embedded - you can't
> expect other people to have the Math font set.
> Gerry F.
>
> At 05:19 AM 1/28/2004 -0500, Steve Luttrell wrote:
> This may not help you but I just tried:
> 1. In Mathematica: Create the equation as an in-line cell in a Text cell.
> 2. Select the in-line cell.
> 3. Copy As Metafile.
> 3. In Word: Paste Special (Enhanced Metafile).
> This worked OK.
> I have Mathematica 5.0.1 for Windows with MS Office Word 2003 in Windows
XP
eudora="autourl">news:butcpj$9ml$1 at smc.vnet.net</a>...