Mathematical Statistics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46133] Mathematical Statistics
  • From: junk4 at microserf.org.uk (C Rose)
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 04:02:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everyone

I've never used Mathematica before, but I am considering purchasing a
1-year student license. One of the things I'd want to use it for would
be mathematical statistics.

I am aware of the book and software called mathStatica, which seems to
do what I want.

I am wondering: is it possible to use raw Mathematica for such
purposes without mathStatica?

Can anyone recommend Mathematica and/or mathStatica for this purpose?

Your general comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Chris