Plotting a 7 vertex graph in which every vertex has degree 4

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46120] Plotting a 7 vertex graph in which every vertex has degree 4
  • From: "Diana" <diana53xiii at earthlink.remove13.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 04:02:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Math folks,

I am trying to determine the number of isomorphism classes of simple
7-vertex graphs in which every vertex has degree 4.

To do this, I am trying to show the graphs for these, and print out tables
of table vertex adjacencies.

I see the "ShowGraph[CompleteGraph[7]];" command, and also the
"TableForm[ToAdjacencyMatrix[CompleteGraph[7]]]" command.

Is there a way to work backwards, in other words to create a list or table
to represent a graph, and then to show it?

In that way, I could design and display 7-vertex graphs with 4-degree
vertices.

Thanks for your help,

Diana
"God made the integers, all else is the work of man."
L. Kronecker, Jahresber. DMV 2, S. 19.