Re: Formatting notebooks for Menu File:New?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg46222] Re: [mg45607] Formatting notebooks for Menu File:New?
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:15:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

At 05:05 AM 1/16/2004, jose flanigan wrote:
>I put some notebook formatting commands in the autoload init.m. This
>formats the initial notebooks when I start Mathematica 5.0 from
>scratch. However, it does not format the new notebooks I start by
>clicking on File:New.
>Do you know how I can control the format of the notebooks started with
>the File:New menu command?
>Thanks in advance.

The actions of the menus are controlled by the file. The file
is in SystemFiles/FrontEnd/TextResources or the platform-specific
subdirectory. The action associated with each of the menu items can be any
frontend command. Change the line:

Item["&New", "New", MenuKey["n", Modifiers->{Control}]]

Item["&New", FrontEndExecute[{NotebookCreate[WindowSize->{100,100}]}],
MenuKey["n", Modifiers->{Control}]]

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"