conerting integer to string

Hi,
I would like to export data to a series of files and number the files
sequentially.  I am creating the file contents in a Do loop and want
to use the increment variable, in this case i, as part of the file
name.  The problem is I can't figure out how to convert i to a string.
 Can someone please help me with this?  Thanks
Doug