  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg46635] Summation limits
  • From: tinkham at ucalgary.ca (tinkham)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:53:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want to do a summation, using the symbol form from clicking on the
palette button, but want to put a test on the index of the iterator.

for example, I will have global variables, k=5 and p = 2, and want to
do a summation from i=1 to k, where i != p. How do I enter the lower
limit i=1;i!=p  ?

I realize that I can just wrap the expression being summed in an
If[i!=p, ...], but it would be nice if I could just put this test in
the lower limit.

Thanks,
doug