Exceed 4Gb memory limit with an Apple G5?

Hello all,

My recent work in Mathematica has me bumping repeatedly into the 4Gb limit
of addressable memory of Mathematica 5 on my Apple G4. Within the next few
months, I need to replace (or augment) this machine with one with a 64-bit
processor and OS and a version of Mathematica that supports an address space
beyond 4Gb.

I see on Wolfram's site that Mathematica supports this extended address
space on a 64-bit AMD running Linux. But I would rather stick with OSX.
Does anyone have personal experience with addresses beyond 4Gb running
Mathematica 5 on an Apple G5 running OSX?

Thanks,

Tom Burton