Exceed 4Gb memory limit with an Apple G5?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg46692] Exceed 4Gb memory limit with an Apple G5?
- From: Tom Burton <tburton at brahea.com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 03:16:38 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello all, My recent work in Mathematica has me bumping repeatedly into the 4Gb limit of addressable memory of Mathematica 5 on my Apple G4. Within the next few months, I need to replace (or augment) this machine with one with a 64-bit processor and OS and a version of Mathematica that supports an address space beyond 4Gb. I see on Wolfram's site that Mathematica supports this extended address space on a 64-bit AMD running Linux. But I would rather stick with OSX. Does anyone have personal experience with addresses beyond 4Gb running Mathematica 5 on an Apple G5 running OSX? Thanks, Tom Burton