Re: On MS-Windows -- Calling MS-DOS Applications from Mathematica

Hi,

the MS-DOS FrontEnd ??
Mathematica 1.x run with MS-DOS and was a
bare Kernel and not a FrontEnd.

Since version 2.2 for Windows Mathematica support
MathLink and the kernel can call a console application.

The FontEnd is desinged to communicate with
a Mathematica kernel and your application must
act like a kernel if the FontEnd should call it.

Regards
  Jens