Re: On MS-Windows -- Calling MS-DOS Applications from Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45402] Re: On MS-Windows -- Calling MS-DOS Applications from Mathematica
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 04:17:04 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
the MS-DOS FrontEnd ??
Mathematica 1.x run with MS-DOS and was a
bare Kernel and not a FrontEnd.
Since version 2.2 for Windows Mathematica support
MathLink and the kernel can call a console application.
The FontEnd is desinged to communicate with
a Mathematica kernel and your application must
act like a kernel if the FontEnd should call it.
Harold Noffke wrote:
> I use Mathematica 5.0 on MS-Windows 2000. Is there any way to call
> MS-DOS applications from either the MS-Windows Notebook Front End, or
> from the MS-DOS Front End? I can find no documentation on this topic.
Prev by Date:
Typing functions using subscripts
Next by Date:
Re: Extracting Matrix
Previous by thread:
Re: Typing functions using subscripts
Next by thread:
Re: Transpose matrix does not work when MatrixForm is used, why?