Cell Format - Output Cell, Format Change After Evaluation

After Evaluating an Input Cell, I change the Output Cell Background by
selecting the output cell and use Format-Background Color- Cell Gray Box to
highlight the results.

If I reevaluate the input, the output format reverts to no background.

How do I force the Output Cell resulting from a specific Input Cell to
always have the desired background color?

I thought it might be StyleForm, but so far that's a bust.

I'm obviously missing something, but reviewing The Book, Help, Option
Inspector, etc. haven't yielded anything obvious to my poor simple (and
rapidly aging) mind.

Preparing to be embarrassed ... ;-)