Symbolic matrix algebra
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45438] Symbolic matrix algebra
- From: "mike.james" <mike.james at infomax.demon.co.uk>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:31:02 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
This is a very silly question and I have checked the archives for anything
relevant - I must just be searching on the wrong keywords.
All I want to do is some simple matrix algebra.
I want to type in (A+B)^2 and have it expanded taking account of the fact
that A and B are matrices.
I want to use transpose, inverse and apply conditions such as the matrix is
I've tried non-commutive multiply and a few other tricks.
I can see that I could write a package but surely there must be one or a
built in solution I'm missing?
Prev by Date:
Fold and FoldList Problems
Next by Date:
RE: Draw a specific contour curve in dashed line
Previous by thread:
Re: Fold and FoldList Problems
Next by thread:
Re: Symbolic matrix algebra