Graphics in header when printing (or finding page breaks)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45492] Graphics in header when printing (or finding page breaks)
  • From: Martin Johansson <martin.n.johansson-NoSpAm at SpAmNo-ericsson.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:00:38 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

is it possible to include a "graphics object" in a header
(for example using the 'File'->'Header and Footers...' menu
command)? I know this has been asked many times, but I cannot
find a single (positive) answer.

My efforts so far have involved trying to use the Header
command, but I cannot seem to understand what commands
are available or proper to use (I've tried combinations of
'TextData', 'GraphicsData', 'Cell' and other commands that
I have found by looking at other people's code, but without
success).

An alternative route could be to skip the header completely
and instead insert "home made" headers below each page
break. Is it possible to find the Mathematica-inserted
page breaks (I know I can put manual page breaks with
cell tags, and search for those, but that makes the document
a little bit more rigid than I would like)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA, Martin