Symplectic integration and Interpolating function

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg45554] Symplectic integration and Interpolating function
  • From: Guibout <guibout at>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 04:04:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am using symplectic integrators to integrate a set of ode. One
advantage of these integrators is that some properties are exactly
preserved at the vertices. Therefore, it may be of interest to look at
the values of the functions at the vertices. My question is the following:
How do I find the vertices? NDSolve returns only an interpolating
functions and some symplectic integrators have variable time steps, so
even if I set the starting step size, I don't have any information on
the next steps.