modifying style of notebook

I want to modify a notebook....first, it's overall background color is
grey...I want to change that to white....second, it contains   cells that
have  a Section heading with cell inputs....I want to create a Section with
input cells that I can insert into the Section.....another words, the top
Section collapses to contain all the other Sections....how do I do this?

jerry blimbaum