Re: hyperlink to pdf files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45565] Re: hyperlink to pdf files
  • From: Roland Franzius <roland.franzius at uos.de>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:26:18 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Christopher

These cells after converting them from Show Expression menu all worked
for me on windows 2000 Mathematica 4.01

Original pasted by right button context menu URL browser

Cell[TextData[ButtonBox["Relativistische Quantenmechanik",
ButtonData->{URL["file://C:\\apollo\\TeX\\RelQm\\Paper\\RelQm01.pdf"],None},
       ButtonStyle->"Hyperlink"]],"Input"]

Next change Options: ButtonEvaluator->Automatic and Active->True to
engage kernel evaluation. We put the file on desktop to test environment
evalaution.

Direct reference working

Cell[TextData[ButtonBox["Relativistische Quantenmechanik",
ButtonData->{URL[StringJoin["file://D:\\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\\Administrator\\Desktop\\","RelQm01.pdf"]], None},
   ButtonStyle->"Hyperlink",Active->True,ButtonEvaluator->Automatic]],
"Input"]

Invoke a StringJoin to prepare the URL

Cell[TextData[ButtonBox["Relativistische Quantenmechanik",
   ButtonEvaluator->Automatic,
   ButtonData:>{
     URL[
       StringJoin[ "file://","D:\\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\\Administrator\\Desktop\\", "RelQm01.pdf"]], None},
   Active->True,
   ButtonStyle->"Hyperlink"]], "Input"]

At last we invoke Environment[ ] to get the real time language
independent path

Cell[TextData[ButtonBox["Relativistische Quantenmechanik",
   ButtonEvaluator->Automatic,
   ButtonData:>{
     URL[
       StringJoin[ "file://", Environment["userprofile"],"\\Desktop",
"\\RelQm01.pdf"]], None},
   Active->True,
   ButtonStyle->"Hyperlink"]], "Input"]

Hope it helps