using functions with package name prefixed.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45578] using functions with package name prefixed.
- From: nma124 at hotmail.com (steve_H)
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 06:04:55 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
hi; is there a way to use a function from a package without loading the whole package, but by simply prefixing the package name to the function name? For an example, suppose we have a function foo in a packge called Boo.m Now, one must load the Boo package by typing something like Needs["`Boo"] then one can write foo But notice that when calling foo, the package name is not prefixed to it, hence one does not know in which package foo is in by looking at the function call. In Java for instance, I can write Boo.foo(), which makes it more clear where foo() is located. Is there a way to do something like this in Mathematica? and is there a way to only load the function that I need from the package without loading everything? thanks, Steve