Re: Save as HTML

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45696] Re: [mg45684] Save as HTML
  • From: Garry Helzer <gah at math.umd.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:08:06 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mike,

Try using an invisible comma (esc , esc) instead of a space. I just
tried it in Mac OS X using the Safari browser and it seems to work. I
always use invisible commas for such things as matrix multiplication
and multiple symbolic subscripts. (Only in Text cells of course.)

--Garry
On Jan 19, 2004, at 5:15 AM, Mike Honeychurch wrote:

> On the weekend I saved a notebook as HTML. The equations in text cells
> had
> been written with a space between variables to force them to
> italicize. The
> space is invisible in the notebook cells. Unfortunately the GIF images
> from
> the HTML export contain this space. How can I avoid this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Garry Helzer
Department of Mathematics