RE: Re: copying

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45775] RE: [mg45751] Re: copying
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:36:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

That seems very complicated.

In a regular Mathematica notebook place the cursor in a cell you wish to
copy and change it to InputForm. (Use Shift-Ctrl-I, Shift-Ctrl-N to go back
to StandardForm and Shift-Ctrl-T to go to TraditionalForm.) Or you may wish
to copy the cell down first (Ctrl-L) and then change to InputForm. Then just
copy and paste into an email or posting.

I always think it is better to just copy the contents and not the entire
cell with the In or Out numbers. Then a series of cells can be easily copied
from the posting and pasted back into a Mathematica notebook.

About a month ago Bobby Treat posted code for a palette that allows you to
simply select and copy Mathematica code in InputForm. I find this quite
useful. I have attached a copy of the code below. Paste it into a notebook
and choose to interpret it so that it will create a new notebook with a
button. Then select it and generate a palette from the selection. Save it in
Configuration/FrontEnd/Palettes.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/