- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg45798] Re: copying
- From: Harold.Noffke at wpafb.af.mil (Harold Noffke)
- Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 03:04:54 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I added Bobby Treat's InputForm palette to my library.
One reason I prefer to post plaintext from a MathKernel or MS-DOS
window is that subscript/superscript expressions print more
intuitively than from the InputForm palette.
Consider the following example from "Built-in Functions > Algebraic
Computation > Calculus > Derivative", equation 11.
Using the InputForm palette, we have this raw text ...
Derivative[1, 2, 3][h][x, y, z]
a*(b - 1)*b*(c - 2)*(c - 1)*c*
x^(a - 1)*y^(b - 2)*
z^(c - 3)
Using a MathKernel TextForm window, we have this raw text ...
In:= Derivative[1, 2, 3][h][x, y, z]
-1 + a -2 + b -3 + c
Out= a (-1 + b) b (-2 + c) (-1 + c) c x y z
To my eye, the TextForm expression is more intuitively and rapidly
read than Bobby's "PaletteForm" expression. That's why I recommend it
Prev by Date:
Re: Graphics into MS Word
Next by Date:
Re: importing graphics into MS Word
Previous by thread:
RE: Re: copying
Next by thread: