How to make the Mathematica Kernel return DisplayPackets?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45965] How to make the Mathematica Kernel return DisplayPackets?
  • From: Sascha Kratky <notvalid at notvalid.com>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:20:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am trying to use the Mathematica Kernel to render graphics into
Postscript. E.g., using Mathink I am sending the following expression
to the kernel wrapped in an EvaluatePacket:

Show[ListPlot[Table[Prime[n], {n, 20}]]]

The Kernel however does not send back DisplayPackets but returns a
"Graphics" expression with graphic primitives but without any
Postscript data in it. Do I have to use a different packet type to make
the Kernel return the rendered Postscript image?

Thanks,
Sascha Kratky