Re: Nasty bug in Integrate (version 5.0)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg45977] Re: Nasty bug in Integrate (version 5.0)
  • From: Harold.Noffke at (Harold Noffke)
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:20:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am impressed with your pointer to TraceInternal, but can find no
reference to it in Mathematica 5.0 online docs.

> If you really want to see how much checking Mathematica attempts to do
> just evaluate:
> Trace[Integrate[1/x + x^c, {x, a, b}], TraceInternal->True]
> and be prepared to wait and obtain a huge output.

I checked comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica and found that TraceInternal
is undocumented.  This suggests other undocumented Mathematica options
might be discovered by using Options[Built-In-Function-Name].  You
would have to sift through all the Built-Ins to identify all the
undocumented options.

Has anyone in MathGroup found any other undocumented options?