Re:MATHEMATICA AND FINANCIAL CALCULATIONS?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49095] Re:[mg49085] MATHEMATICA AND FINANCIAL CALCULATIONS?
  • From: "paolo " <tarpanelli at libero.it>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 05:25:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I think that mathematica, like other mathematics software packages,
it is very useful also for finance and foremost for that
analysts who work with financial mathematics. It is obvious that is a
mathematics package and give you only the basis elements and basis tools to deal
with finance. Then, it depends from the ability of the analyst to suceed to use
Mathematica in the right and more useful and efficient manner.
For my experience, I think that if you deal with linear algebra it is not the
best, but for model testing and visible solutions I think that is the best.
Then, one other aspect that i found very useful foremost for whom work with
finance is the link for other spreadsheet as excel.