No More Memory Available??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg49209] No More Memory Available??
- From: "Doug" <umdougmm at hotmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 01:43:10 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The University of Manitoba
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hey to all. I'm fairly new to Mathematica, and while doing some arithmatic on large matrices, I came up with the following problem: No more memory available now, when I try the MemoryInUse command I get back the number 2001464 (bytes?). The funny thing is that if this is truly bytes, then why is it complaining already? I have 1Gig of Ram running on a XP Pro system. with I believe at least 1 gig of swap space? How can I get around this problem in mathematica? Is there any way to increase the amount of memory allocated to mathematica in mathematica? Thanks for any/all help Doug