Using a Result from NMinimize

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49367] Using a Result from NMinimize
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 06:06:52 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello Everyone,

When I use NMinimize, it gives the result as the minimum value of the
function and the value of the argument that gets us there, for example,

	{0.0817747, {rp -> 0.0920851}}.

How can I access the second element, that is, the value of the
argument, so that I can use in other computations.  In other words, I
want get at 0.0920851 and strip away the rp ->.

	Regards,

		Greg