RE: 7 equations and 7 unknowns (non-linear equations)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49466] RE: [mg49448] 7 equations and 7 unknowns (non-linear equations)
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 06:39:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Artur,

In this case it would help if you actually posted your equations as..

{eqn1, eqn2, ..., eqn7}

where each of the equations was of the form lhs == rhs, x+2y^2==3/z, say.

Then the responders would have something to work with and be able to give a
better answer. In the meantime study the examples in Help for Solve. (We
don't even know if you have ordinary equations or differential equations.)

After you type the equations in Mathematica, convert the cell to InputForm
by putting the cursor anywhere in the cell and pressing Shift-Ctrl-I. Then
you can copy the contents and paste into your posting.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Artur Manushi [mailto:manushidsl at ameritech.net]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hi,
I'm trying to solve for an exit temprature in a forced air heat
exchanger and I have a total of 7 equations and also 7 unknowns.  I'm
not sure how to go about it by using mathematica to solve these
equatins.  So far I have typed in the equations on a new mathematica
document and have also declared some of the known varialbes.  After
I'm done typing them in I press Shift + Enter and the results that
come out are very confusing (I do no think it is giving me a proper
answer).  Is there a specific path that I must follow to selve for
these equations?

thanx,
Arthur