f[{a, b, c, d}]
{f[a], f[b], f[c], f[d]}

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: Gregory Lypny [mailto:gregory.lypny at videotron.ca]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hello everyone,

Say I've created a function, f[x_], which accepts a single scalar as
its argument.  I now want to apply that function to each element of a
vector, v, of length n, as in

	newVector = f[v],

but I get an error because my function f does not thread over the
elements of the vector as do built-in Mathematica functions such as
Log[].  How can I get my function to apply to each element of my
vector?

	Regards,

		Greg