Problem with Integrate and FindMinimum

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg49559] Problem with Integrate and FindMinimum
  • From: csg at
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 06:00:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi I'm having a problem with Mathematica. I'm trying to find the minimum of a
function f[a,b,...] defined as

where h[x,a,b,...] is some complicated function. I'm trying to use FindMinimum
to find the values of a,b,... that minimize f[a,b,...] but everytime I try to
use Find Minimum I get the error message "Inegrand h[] is not numerical at
*some point r*". I'm running Mathematica 5.0 student version at Windows XP.