Re: Spacing of Words in Text Graphics Statements

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg49599] Re: [mg49568] Spacing of Words in Text Graphics Statements
  • From: Yasvir Tesiram <yat at omrf.ouhsc.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 03:47:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi David,
Sometimes it's just the choice of font and size. It's not just a
Mathematica problem. The same will occur for display of some font types
in a terminal window or conversion to PDF. Since we have little control
of kerning in Mathematica the alternative is to try a variety of sizes
or different fonts.

If you try, an odd FontSize for Helvetica such as 13 it looks OK. But
this is not necessarily true for FontSizes 11 and 15 but OK for 17.
Then I gave up.  The same for Arial.

Regards
Yas