output #1

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg49712] output #1
  • From: hrg1000 at (hbar)
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 07:43:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am calculatng the eigenvalues of a Hamiltonian as a function of
wavenumber, kx. In the output I get terms such as:
116kx^8Conjugate[kx]^4 +

kx^2#1^5 + #1^6 &, 1]

When I plot the output numerically as a function of kx it is clear
there are terms such as |kx| in the output and this is unphysical(
should be smooth in kx).

My question is what do #1 and &, 1] represent? (I have looked at page
246 about Slot in the manual). I need to understand why the output is
not a smooth function of kx.

Thank you for your help.